From Thursday 21st to Sunday 24th September Birmingham will playing host to the biggest UK gaming event of the year, EGX. On show will a large variety of “AAA” must have titles that gamers can get their hand on before release. Titles such as Assassin’s Creed Origins, Detroit Becoming Human, Ni No Kuni 2 and Monster Hunter World will be on display but right at the start will be the Rezzed Area, where all the indie developers will be showing off there creations.
Mixed in with this lot will be the Square Enix Collective – a curated platform that enables creators to post ideas, and gamers to judge whether those ideas should become reality or not & this year they are bring a grand total of 10 games!
Spread over 30 pods, gamers will have chance to play the following titles;
- Throughline Games’ beautiful 2D cinematic anime adventure Forgotton Anne, where players take on the role of Anne as she tries to escape the Forgotton Realm and return to the real world.
- Fear Effect Sedna from Sushee, the first new game in this legendary series for more than 15 years.
- Sand Sailor Studio’s head-scratching puzzler Black The Fall, which casts players into a dark and oppressive world ruled by Communism.
- Recently announced rhythmic puzzle platformer Octahedron from Switzerland-based Demimonde.
- Multiplayer masterstroke Oh My Godheads, where players fight for control of ancient stone heads in ridiculously fast and frenetic action.
- Psychological horror Tokyo Dark, which puts a new spin on point-and-click play thanks to a multi-branching story rife with melancholic undertones.
- World War II FPS Battalion 1944, which tasks players with taking on some gloriously old-school multiplayer mayhem.
- Bullet-dodging 3D brawler Deadbeat Heroes, which brilliantly taps into all the best tropes from classic 90s beat-em-ups in a 60s superhero parody.
- First-person puzzler The Turing Test from Bulkhead Interactive.
- Square Enix Collective’s first ever release, puzzle-orientated point-and-click adventure Goetia.
- Deck & dice story-driven, single-player tactical RPG Children of Zodiarcs.
So if you are heading to EGX this weekend, check out stand S40 of the Rezzed Area to try something different.
The following two tabs change content below.
Rocking the world of gaming since the Atari 2600, has now settled down to bask in the warmth of moe. Moe is life for a moe connoisseur.