The Caligula Effect Overdose Heading West Next Year
NIS America has announced a western release for The Caligula Effect Overdose.
Alongside the game announcement at Anime Expo 2018, a limited edition will also be available that features a copy of the game, official soundtrack, hardcover art book, Beautiful Lies tear-resistant poster and collector’s box – the collectors edition is now available for pre-order on the NIS America Online Store (PlayStation 4, Switch) The Caligula Effect Overdose will release for the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC in North America and Europe during early 2019.
You can read an overview below & view a new announcement trailer:
Mobius. An idyllic world that exists for the sake of letting people forget about the pain and problems of reality. In this world created by a sentient vocaloid program, μ (Mu), reality and fantasy has become blurred, allowing people to relive their high school years in bliss. Yet in this seemingly beautiful and perfect world, something is amiss. Escape from this false paradise with your fellow students and return to reality in The Caligula Effect: Overdose!
- An Overdose of New Features – The Caligula Effect: Overdose boasts enhanced visuals and gameplay! Explore new scenarios, endings, and the “Forbidden Musician Route” while escaping the virtual world of Mobius.
- The New Faces of Kishimai High – Play as the newly added female protagonist! Plus, meet two new members of the Go-Home Club, who each have their own new Ostinato Musician to face.
- Use the Imaginary Chain! – Turn-based battle meets exhilarating action in this refined JRPG battle system! Develop a flawless strategy after using the Imaginary Chain to predict what your enemies will do next!
- Unite and Escape – Sometimes, it’s hard to go at it alone. Befriend over 500 other students in this imaginary paradise to improve your skills in battle and ultimately return to reality.
Latest posts by Geoffrey Wright (see all)
- Fight’N Rage (PlayStation 5) - March 15, 2023
- Akka Arrh (PC) - March 7, 2023
- A Virtual Reality Awaits Vol.5 - February 28, 2023