Pray to the gods of metal and prep for battle against Flesh Hounds, werewolves and other monstrosities with the upcoming console launch of Slain: Back from Hell
, from the collaboration of independent game publisher Digerati Distribution & Marketing
and indie game developers Andrew Gilmour & 22nd
Century Toys. Releasing September 13 on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, October 5 on Xbox One and PlayStation®Vita this fall, Slain
is available for $12.99 and features brutal arcade style combat with bloody, intense platformer gameplay that puts a strategic twist on the classic hack-and-slash games of the ‘80s and ‘90s.
Set in a dark, archaic world, Slain has players take control of a grizzled warrior as they seek to liberate the kingdom from deadly overlords. Using elemental weapons, lethal mana attacks and cunning skill, players will battle and exploit the weaknesses of enemies to either save the doomed land or face being slain themselves. A brooding heavy metal soundtrack from former Celtic Frost member Curt Victor Bryant adds to the ferocity and gothic aura of the game, serving to heighten the intensity throughout the myriad battles.
- Challenging ‘elemental’- based melee and magical combat.
- 6 hours of bone-crushing, metal-fuelled mayhem & gore.
- Choose from 3 unique weapons in your fight against the demon hordes.
- Full soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant formerly of Celtic Frost. \m/
- Cunningly concealed secrets (shhh).
- Boss fights, mini-boss fights, sub-mini- boss fights &; macro-sub- mini-boss fights.
- No laborious leveling, no tedious grinding, no wimpy crafting!
“Since launching on PC Slain has undergone a complete overhaul that has made the game a strong mixture of gory combat, platforming and strategy,” said Nick Alfieri, Director at Digerati. “These changes have earned high praise from the community and soon enough console gamers will get to experience the ultimate metal game.”
The following two tabs change content below.
Rocking the world of gaming since the Atari 2600, has now settled down to bask in the warmth of moe. Moe is life for a moe connoisseur.